Human Resources Generalist Job Description
GRLabel is looking for a human resources generalist that will positively enhance and continue to develop the high-performance culture of our growing organization. The position will work across departments to collaboratively develop and execute strategic HR initiatives as well as carry out tactical HR responsibilities. The position will report directly to the VP of Finance and continue to evolve as GRLabel grows.
- Acts as a true business partner to support all levels of internal management and supervision
- Provides direction and support and interpretation of company policies, employee relations, employee benefits, performance management and talent development as they relate to corporate goals, initiatives, and metrics
- Collaborates with management to enhance employee performance management processes
- Provides training and support and analysis of PM processes
- Provides feedback, coaching, and support to managers and supervisors responsible for feedback
- Evaluate/review HR processes and programs and organizational structure for relevance and long-term effectiveness in relation to corporate goals, initiatives, and metrics
- Compensation strategy development aligned with the company core values as well as company goals, initiatives, and metrics
- Assists in leading and influencing change management
- General HR program/policy development, administration, and compliance
- Support day to day HR business functions including recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, terminations, records maintenance, employee labor relations & communications
- Identification and documentation of key HR processes to provide direction and education to the organization (peers, employees & management)
- Streamline onboarding and offboarding processes, as well as time and attendance recordkeeping. Moves organization to self-service.
- Partner with the Director of Safety and Quality to design and implement new hire orientation training and documentation of certifications and licenses.
- Must have 5+ years of experience with progressive responsibilities in Human Resources
- Manufacturing and union experience a plus
- Must be able to take initiative and handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal employment law and applicable state employment laws.
- Ability to relate and communicate with all levels of employees through excellent listening and communication skills that engender trust and support.
- Excellent leadership, problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Office 356 suite of products and solutions
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
About Grand Rapids Label:
Printing labels of any type, for any application or container, is one of many services provided by Grand Rapids Label (GRLabel). Holding nearly 20 patents, we are known for customized, cost effective solutions and systems, tailored to the unique and exacting requirements of customers across many industries. Whether printing, converting, testing, conducting R&D for special adhesives, or engineering and building custom machinery, we accomplish it all in-house to ensure consistent, superior quality. GRLabel is committed to achieving excellence for our customers in everything we do, which means investing in advanced technology and new capabilities to meet and anticipate changing needs. As a family owned business welcoming the fifth generation into the company, doing what’s right for the customer is still the principle that guides us, and the reason we never back away from a challenge.